We value your privacy: The same as almost all websites, we use small computer files called cookies that measure how many people use the site. They can't be used to identify you personally. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive cookies. We do not share your information with third parties.
Looking for an alternative to an annuity? Visit our Income Drawdown or Pension Release page.
Why Use an IFA?
1. A Financial Adviser may be able to secure a better deal than you may be able to achieve.
2. An IFA is more likely to have access to a wider range of possibilities than you.
3. Due to their ongoing relationships with providers, they may be in a better position than you to overcome any problems which may arise with your application.
4. You'll have an expert point of contact should anything go wrong or need prompt attention.
5. They work to a set of guidelines laid down by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) who regulate IFAs' policies and working methods.
6. IFAs have got an interest in recommending the correct product for your particular circumstances. They'll not wish to fall foul of stringent Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations.
7. If you choose not to get Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) registered IFA advice, you may not be able to get compensation through the Financial Services Compensation Scheme if you have a future complaint about the recommended product.
1 - Do Not Fail to Claim What is Rightfully Yours
Make sure you make the correct choice
Compare Friends Life annuities with the other top pension annuity providers
Many retirees fail to exercise their right to choose their annuity using the open market option (more about the open market option below). We help ensure that you don't fall into the same trap.
The more information you have about your annuity choices, the more able you will be to recognise the best advice when you receive it. You may even be more suited to the annuity alternatives currently available, such as capped drawdown.
But first, what is a pension annuity?
An annuity is an arrangement where you make a lump sum investment and, from this investment, you receive a guaranteed level of income. Most annuities are bought using funds held in pension schemes. An annuity is payable for the rest of your life, although it's possible to select a fixed period if purchasing an annuity with cash rather than pension funds.
2 - The Open Market Option for Buying Friends Life Annuities
Why the open market option is good for you
Why you HAVE to compare pension annuities
Under the government initiative called the 'Open Market Option' you can transfer your pension fund to any annuity provider, not just your current pension fund provider.
Figures show that you can make a SIGNIFICANT difference to your yearly income if you shop around.
Thousands of people retire every week in the UK. Many of them still don't use the Open Market Option because they either don't realise they can or are simply unaware of the benefits of doing so.
As a result of this lack of "insider" knowledge, The Association of British Insurers now works with the retirement industry to educate consumers about their options. The main aim of the ABI's initiative is to help you achieve better annuity returns than is offered from your current pension provider. You should ensure that you exercise this advantage, the right to choose the best annuity scheme.
Make sure you recognise the best advice when you get it
Understanding pension annuities
When your pension fund reaches maturity, your pension provider will advise you of the fund value, and general information about annuities and the level of annuity income you would receive.
You are then allowed to transfer the fund value to another annuity provider of your choice. A higher annuity income may be available from a different provider.
The difference between the best and worst annuity incomes can be very surprising. There are a wide range of options which can be selected when choosing an annuity scheme, it is essential that you receive good advice.
Exercise your right to choose
Compare the Options
The quick contact form below will put you in touch with your own personal annuity consultant (not a call centre) whose aim it will be to advise you which annuity or annuity alternative is best for you. Not only will you discover how to maximise your income, but they'll also explain why a particular scheme may suit you best. A home visit is not necessary.
A Financial Adviser will compare top annuity companies with Friends Life to help you choose which one is the best for you. It really is very simple.
Take action now and uncover the differences
Receive a FREE Friends Life Annuities Comparison Quote
Please complete the free no-obligation enquiry form to contact your personal adviser and see the surprising differences between one annuity and another. Remember your enquiry is free.
There is no charge for us investigating your policy and you are under no obligation to follow any recommendations that are made.
Remember, we are regulated Financial Advisers and not unregulated brokers, which means we always have to work in your best interests.
1. Search the whole of the market for you
2. Advise you whether your existing policy contains specific benefits that you may wish to keep
3. Check if you are eligible for an enhanced annuity that could increase your income
4. Give you access to more flexible options including fixed term annuities and income drawdown, should you wish
GET FULLY CONFIDENTIAL FRIENDS LIFE ANNUITY COMPARISON QUOTES WITH NO OBLIGATION